Sunday, February 5, 2012

Has anyone moved with Bekins?

I've done some research online, and it seems that Bekins provides good moving services. I got an estimate from them and have set a move date, but for whatever reason, the rep I'm dealing with says that there is no written contract until the day of the move. They aren't asking for any deposit from me either. The whole thing just makes me nervous that neither side has anything in writing confirming the day they're supposed to come pick up my stuff and the services they'll provide. The last time I moved, I used Mayflower and had a horrible experience, but looking through my paperwork, I found that I had a signed contract stating when they were supposed to come and I gave them a deposit.



Has anyone moved with Bekins who did not have a contract in place before the move? It just seems so suspect.

Has anyone moved with Bekins?
you want a contract, and they are a business.....

whats wrong with this picture
Reply:I had a good friend who used them. The truck was full when they picked up her furnishings, however soon after they delivered she began noticing things were missing. Roughly $75,000 worth of antique furniture was gone. She contacted the police in both the state she moved from and the one she moved to. They told her they were very familiar with the company and it's business practices. The phrase ongoing criminal investigation was mentioned.



Be very careful. Listen to your instincts.


No comments:

Post a Comment