Friday, February 3, 2012

How can I prove I am a descendant of William Bradford?

I truly believe I am. I have a list of how my lineage would work out, I just don't have any conclusive proof. What do I do?

Also, does anyone know anything about getting into a society for the descendants of the Mayflower passengers?

Thanks!

How can I prove I am a descendant of William Bradford?
To get into the Mayflower society, you have to have proofs for each generation, including records that prove marriage and children.



To find out if you are, indeed, related to Bradford, trace your tree back. World Connect may have a family tree that shows your Bradford connection, for example. http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/



Some examples of proofs to use to get into any of the genealogical socities would be:



Birth certificates

Marriage licenses

Death certificates

Wills/probate records

Pension records (Civil War and Revolutionary can both give important genealogical information)

Land records



Usually societies require certified copies of documents. The DAR will allow you to cite an existing member's papers to get you into their society, so I'd think other societies would as well.



Good luck on your search.
Reply:The LDS Church has a HUGE amount of info. You don't have to be Mormon to use this info. There are libraries in many of the church buildings.



Research your genealogy (family line) and you might find something. Start with your parents, then find out about their parents, etc.. It is interesting to find out that they were real people.

Chemicals

No comments:

Post a Comment