Friday, February 3, 2012

Could a violin expert tell me what they think of these violins?

i have looked on music message boards and wanted a final opinion from here.

i know people would warn against buying online but seeing as i was prepared to buy a violin in any condition from a curios shop, i think these are probably good value.

i am a complete beginner and really just want something to start on.

i would really appreciate any opinion if you know alot about violins.

http://www.musiccorner.co.uk/Orchestral-...

http://www.musiccorner.co.uk/Orchestral-...

Could a violin expert tell me what they think of these violins?
Okay, first off I do play violin, but I don't know a lot about what makes a violin good and such, I just know if it sound good, so my answer might not be the best one. As in buying one online, however, it's very hard to tell without trying it out. It's kind of like buying a car online, it may look all neat and shiny, but the motor could have gone bad. But, that is just for the future.



Back to the question, the only difference I could see is that the 2nd one has 'Fitted maple bridge stamped 'Prima' [and a]

Highly polished varnish.' In other words, the bridge has the brand stamped on it and it's polished (which I could guess the other one is too); it probably won't effect the sound! So because it is cheaper, and is an 'Outstanding Value', I would go with the first one, (Mayflower)



But I would get another opinion because I don't know anything about the makings of violins and the only violin company I've heard of is Snow, because it's the company that made mine. Hope that helped!


No comments:

Post a Comment