Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Advice on finding theatre work in Southampton?

I know agencies are the key thing, understood perfectly. But does anybody living in Southampton or nearby know places that hold plays very often and have open auditions? I'm checking out the Nuffield Theatre, however does anybody have any suggestions for any theatre work that can be found nearby? And also, how do plays like the ones at the Mayflower recruit their performers, is it just by agencies? Because I went there and they told me to give them a CV of me, and they'd pass it on. But I assume that's not the only way. Thanks if you help. x

Advice on finding theatre work in Southampton?
If you do not take the advice of Mayflower, then good luck. Mostly professional theatres use agencies for casting, especially if they are union. Why don't you develop a reputation as a very fine actor in local amateur dramatic societies, then maybe one of the pro theatres may become interested in you. Generally one has to attend an acting academy to succeed in the UK as an actor.


No comments:

Post a Comment